Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

A way to keep warm in the winter...

Every month, we highlight one mystery on our Party of the Month link on our murder mystery message board. This is December's winner!
** Keep in mind, even if we don't pick you the month you submit, you will be re-entered into the contest until you DO get picked! ** 

The last weekend in August was the perfect time to hold my end-of-summer murder mystery party. It's the second one I've done and everybody had a blast. I told each person to really get into their character. And they sure did. One female guest came up with a full on back story where she was nine-months pregnant. Halfway through the party, she gave birth to twins!


I had a over twenty people and bought the add-on pack as well. I cast my sixteen-year-old cousin as the busboy, Gilligan. It was fun coming up with names for the characters in the add-on pack. 

The party was in the backyard, poolside. We had a bar set up, along with a tattoo station. Lifesaving Sam (with some help from Sandy Beach bum) even tried to surf in the pool. Didn't work out too well, but was funny nonetheless. I also had a bocce ball tournament going, with random partners, to get everybody mingling even more.

The prize voting was split every which way at the end of the night. So many people got votes for best dressed and best performance.

 
We had two people actually solve the case. I had the murder victim become the cop solving their own murder halfway through to keep them involved.

The next day I started getting emails asking when the next one was going to be. I had a few people at the party that I didn't know and they were so thrilled to have been invited. They couldn't stop talking about it! Fun times all around!

To enter comments and pictures for your party, please register on our message board and post your comments under the party theme that you hosted. You will automatically be entered to win!

0 comments:

Post a Comment